Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sneets of the Earth Clan

Ok - I have to say after years of playing both Everquest and World of Warcraft, I have NEVER seen a dragon this cute! My days of playing MMORPGs are over, but I have so many good friends and memories that will stay with me for the rest of my days. So many see the internet as an invasion and people they meet here as not trustworthy, but there is no where else where the boundaries of distance, age, wealth, race, creed, etc etc etc have been broken and people can just meet friends, and I have a good feeling that Angela Anderson - the creator of this cute critter - will be one such friend. Angela started a non-profit shop called Polymer Clay for a Cause in honor of her daughter, Cortney - who left this world at the age of 14 from Muscular Dystrophy. Polymer Clay for a Cause is filled with wonderful donations from the PCAGOE and about every 4 months all the profits from the sales are donated to a children's charity. Angela's has personal shops on ETSY and ARTFIRE and you can read about her elemental dragon story on her blog at www.elementalforrest.blogspot.com.

I'd like to thank Angela for all that she does and thank everyone in advance for supporting her with her wonderful cause.

Ok - there are weeks when you just feel 'off' and not feeling that inner energy we all know we need to create and I have been feeling like one of those is coming on. I picked up some fine sandpaper and have been working on sanding and playing around with my dremel and.... i hate sanding. It's just sucking the creative juices right out of me. lol HELP! Ok, but I'm persistent and have learned a few new lessons in my sanding sorrow, so - like all artist - we chalk all the learning pain up to being a good thing and go on....and on....and on. This too will pass - right? Oh - here is a blast from the past. I made this like 10 years ago from one of my first polymer books by Maureen Carlson. It's made completely in Sculpey III - so is very fragile, but still sweet. I thought it would go well with Angela's dragon. =)

THOUGHT OF THE DAY: Keep sanding and eventually you'll get a smooth finish? I'm working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails