Saturday, April 3, 2010

Southwestern Serape

I spent 4 years in Albuquerque - full of all the wonderful culture there. Old Town with the street vendors, the Sandia Mountains, green chili (oh - love green chili), and this little piece just brought back memories. It's hard to believe it's polymer clay - it really just reminds me of all the wonderful ponchos and mexican blankets that lined the stores of Old Town. And the colors are so warm and vibrant! This little piece was done by Suzen Phoenix of PhoenixRose Creative Arts Studio. Suzen is another fellow member of the PCAGOE that entered this wonderful necklace in this months Fabric Challenge. You can view more of her wonderful creations at her ETSY shop or view her work on Flickr.

Suzen's serape necklace is the 3rd piece I'm featuring as part of the PCAGOE challenge vote. The vote continues until April 7 and if you haven't voted yet, you can vote HERE. 5 lucky voters will receive a prize made by out wonderful team of artists!

Yesterday was busy busy busy as I'm preparing more local school stuff for shows at different schools and a few open houses in preparation for graduation, mother's day, and end of the year teacher's gifts! Here is a little unbaked preview of some of the items I'm working on. I have a huge mug of coffee sitting next to me and I'm listening to the doves cooing outside my window. The air has a brisk, clean feel to it and I have the back door open so it fills the house. It's so nice to be able to leave windows and doors open again and I'll miss that when the heat descends and the air conditioners take up their constant background hum - I'd much rather hear the doves. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails